Schipani and Norman, P.A.
Talk to an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today

October 2017 Archives

How can you help your child adapt to life in two homes?

If you are a parent and have recently gone through a Florida separation or divorce, you are probably trying to adjust to your new way of life while helping your child or children do the same. Dealing with familial transitions can prove difficult, and many children struggle through the process. At the Law Office of Philip J. Schipani, we understand what goes into transitioning children into life in two separate homes, and we have considerable experience helping families navigate this and other complications surrounding divorce.

What can you do about vaccination disagreements?

As a divorced parent in Florida, you should understand the importance of working with your child's other parent. Parenting decisions have to be a cooperative effort. What happens, though, when you disagree on an issue? Finding a solution can be very difficult, especially if you are arguing over vaccinating your child. How can you resolve this dispute?

What visitation rights do Florida grandparents have?

As a Florida grandparent, a time may come when you desire legal custody or visitation with your grandchild or grandchildren. Maybe you are unable to have visits with them at the moment because the child’s parents prefer it that way, or perhaps you want to see your grandchildren more frequently than you currently do. Regardless of your reasoning for desiring visitation, it is important to know that you and the child’s parents must meet certain criteria for your visitation request to undergo consideration.

What can you accomplish with a prenuptial agreement?

If you are getting ready to marry in Florida, congratulations! Marriage can change your life dramatically, but it is not always easy, and it is not always without disagreement. One way to minimize marital disagreements and possibly prevent them before they arise is to create a prenuptial agreement, which is a legally binding contract that applies to you and your future spouse and takes effect once you marry.

Options for establishing paternity

If you are married when you give birth to a child in Florida, your current spouse is considered the other legal parent of the child. However, things get complicated if you are not married, even if you are in a committed relationship and your partner says he or she is the baby's other parent. The law does not immediately recognize that person as the other parent, so you must take steps to secure paternity or parental rights, in the case of a same sex marriage.

Email Us For A Response

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Avvo Clients Choice | 2012 | Family Avvo Rating 10.0 | Superb | Top Attorney Family The American Society of Legal Advocates | 2014 Top 40 Under 40 The Florida Bar Certified | Marital and Family Law Super Lawyers | Philip J. Schipani | 2015-2017

Schipani and Norman, P.A.
1605 Main Street, Suite 1110
Sarasota, FL 34236

Phone: 941-549-8981
Fax: 941-366-7331
Sarasota Law Office Map