Experienced Family Law Attorneys Representing Clients Throughout Florida’s Gulf Coast
Philip J. Schipani ESQ
Current Employment Position
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Stepparent Adoption
- High End Divorces
- Equitable Distribution
- Domestic Violence
Philip J. Schipani Board Certified in Matrimonial and Family Law by the Florida Bar, a distinction held be less than 10 percent of attorneys in Florida. Mr. Schipani practices all aspects of Family Law. Schipani was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2002 and is a 1998 graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Law with a Juris Doctor degree in 2001, Cum Laude.
Philip grew up in Northern Virginia outside of Washington D.C. Philip began practicing Family Law during his second year of Law School, when he obtained his certificate as a certified legal intern, which allowed him to practice in the State Courts of Florida. During that time, he interned with the Miami-Dade County Legal Aid Society. At Legal Aid in Miami, Philip litigated divorce cases and represented numerous individuals obtaining domestic violence injunctions.
Upon graduation of Law School, Philip's first job was working for two Miami-Dade County Family Court Judges as a case manager. During his time working with the Court system he gained valuable experience and knowledge of the family court system from the inside out. Part of his duties were to manage the Judges' caseloads and help pro se litigants obtain divorces and other relief in the Family Court system.
During law school, he was a Judicial Intern for Federal Magistrate John J. O'Sullivan in Miami, FL.
Philip is an active member of the Florida Bar Family Law section, in which he has chaired the Domestic Violence Committee, the Rules & Forms Committee and the Ad Hoc Special Needs Children Committee. He is also a member of the Family Law section of the Florida Bar executive council and the legislative committee.
In addition, Philp was a program chair and a workshop leader for the 2019 Family Law Section Trial Advocacy Workshop wherein he was teamed with a family law magistrate to teach litigation and courtroom skills. Schipani has also twice lectured at seminars on domestic violence presented by the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Philp has two children. One of which is his son, who is non-verbal autistic. Philip’s passion for his own child has led him to give several local seminars to the Sarasota Bar Association on dealing with special needs children in divorce cases as well as chairing and speaking at the first full day seminar presented by the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar on special needs children issues in family law cases.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: C.A.L.I. Award for Excellence in Legal Ethics
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: Political Science
- Florida, 2002
Classes & Seminars
- Justice Teacher, Myakka City Elementary School
- Civil Rules of Procedure in Family Law, Sarasota Bar Association Family Law Section Presentation, October 2008
- Practice Tips - Domestic Violence Injunction Cases, Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, October 2011
- Domestic Violence Case Law Update, Florida Bar Family Law Section Domestic Violence CLE, November 2017
- Special Needs Children Issues in Divorce, Sarasota Bar Association Family Law Section, November 2017
- Special Needs Children Issues in Divorce, Twelfth Judicial Circuit Guardian Ad Litem Training, April 2018
- Special Needs Children Issues in Divorce, Twelfth Judicial Circuit FCPC Boot Camp, February 2019
- Committee Member and Workshop Leader Trial Advocacy Workshop, Florida Bar Family Law Section, 2019
- Co-Chair and Faculty Member of Full Day Seminar on Special Needs Children, Florida Bar Family Law Section, October 2019
Civic Organizations & Activities
- Myakka City Elementary School, Business Partner
- Miracle League of Manasota, Sponsor & Supporter
- Beyond the Spectrum Education Center (School for Autistic Students), Sponsor & Supporter
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Specialist in Marital and Family Law
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Business Networking International
- Middle District of Florida Court
- Florida Bar Family Rules and Forms Committee
- Florida Bar Family Domestic Violence Committee
- Green, Ackerman & Frost, P.A., Boca Raton, FL, Litigation Attorney, 2003 to 2005
- 11th Judicial Circuit Family Division, Miami, FL, Case Manager, 2002
- Legal Aid of Miami-Dade, Certified Legal Intern, 2001
- Federal Magistrate John J. O'Sullivan, Judicial Intern, 2000